What kind of wood do you use for your furniture?
Depending on the country of origin, the wood and doors differ. Our furniture is manufactured in China and Kanab, Utah. All of our products are made of manufactured wood with a melamine finish. Our USA factory manufactures doors from real wood and the highly sought after Rigid Thermofoil (RTF).
- What is RTF? It stands for Rigid Thermofoil. It is a very durable, low-maintenance material made to look like real wood, painted surfaces and more. Plastic-looking finishes are gone, replaced by wood grains and textures that are hard to distinguish from the real thing! Check out our Chocolate Pear option! They are longer lasting and easier to clean than ever! (Just soap and water)
- RTF doors and tables are very durable and will keep their color long after painted wood doors have started to fade. Resist Warping - Pristine vinyl-wrapped thermofoil doors and tables are less susceptible to humidity and warping than solid wood.
- Thermofoil doors and tables offer the bright, clean and freshly painted appearance without telltale brush strokes.
- Our surfaces save rainforests, use recycled wood chips for the component’s substrate and also reduces shipping weight which reduces fuel costs.
- Using manufactured wood with melamine finish is very important to prevent warping and any changes in the size of the panels. For the many shelves we use, the main structure needs to be exact to secure a tight fit. Humid weather and other weather changes won't affect the shape of our furniture, similar to modern kitchen cabinets.
- The melamine finish is very easy to clean! Use Windex and a soft cloth to wipe away dirt and finger prints.
- Our white and black doors are painted manufactured wood.
Our Knotty Alder furniture does come with solid wood doors with floating panels to prevent cracking during weather changes, and for the crown, solid wood molding.
Does my product come assembled?
No, they come flat packed in order to avoid damages in shipping, make it easier to move into your home, and help you save money on shipping. It comes with instructions and video instructions to assist you in building your product. We have been working to improve our products build to make it easier to put together. Also feel free to call customer service if you have any questions.
Is their a warranty on the product?
Yes, up to a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Subject to parts and/or shipping charges for replacement parts, if damages are outside of our 1-year manufacturer warranty.
How does my product ship?
All of our products come flat packed and will need to be assembled. They will be shipped by a 3rd party freight shipping company. Our shipping and delivery charges only cover CURBSIDE delivery. Accessories do not need a custom pallet to ship and shipping prices are also determined by weight and location.
For shipping to Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii please call Customer Service (801) 226-2686 for a detailed shipping quote.
Canada: You can now order large products (over 75 lbs) through our website. Shipping quotes are estimates and subject to change due to duties and customs. Shipping prices may go up or down. Please call after placing your order for an exact quote. Call (801) 226-2686. You may be contacted if price changes, you have additional charges, or receive money back. Unfortunately, we do not ship internationally. However, if you live abroad and are able to arrange your own insured international freight shipping, we will gladly work with you.
Do you offer financing?
We have teamed up with Affirm to offer easy financing – without a catch. There are no gimmicks like deferred interest or hidden fees, so the total you see at checkout is always what you actually pay. Provide some basic information and get a real time decision to split your purchase into 3, 6, or 12 monthly payments with rates from 10-30% APR.
Does Affirm perform a credit check?
Affirm performs a “soft credit check” which will not affect your credit score! If you return to Affirm for future purchases, Affirm may run additional “soft credit checks.”
Why was I prompted to pay a down payment with a debit card?
Affirm tries hard to approve every purchase but sometimes can’t approve the full amount. When this happens, they provide a debit card down payment option so that you may still complete your purchase right away.
Why was I prompted for a checking account?
Affirm sometimes requires additional information to consider a credit application. Such information may include an active checking account, which helps Affirm verify your identity and your ability to repay the requested loan. If Affirm prompts you for this information but you are unable to provide it, Affirm will be unable to approve your credit application. See more FAQ.
Layaway is available on our website theoriginalscrapbox.com through a partnership with the Lay-Buy application. How it works: Down payment is 30% There is a 0.9% (less than 1%) additional service charge paid directly to Lay-Buy.
- Minimums - Customers must put at least 30% down and the layaway program payments cannot exceed 3-months.
- Automatic Withdrawal – At the time of purchase customers set up an automatic withdrawal through Lay-Buy to come out of their PayPal account monthly over the course of the selected payment period.
- Cancellation - If an account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Down payment and payments made will be refunded, less a $10 or 10% cancellation fee, whichever is greater.
- Automatic Cancellation – Unless prior arrangements are made, if the layaway account is not paid in full within the 3 month agreement period the account can be automatically cancelled and sold to another customer. At cancellation any payments made will be refunded, less a $10 or 10% cancellation fee, whichever is greater.
- Returns – The Original ScrapBox Return Policy applies to all layaway transactions.
Final Payment & Shipment:
- Once final payment is made within the 3-month layaway agreement period we will ship out your order within 5 business days.
- Once shipped your order will take up to 3-10 business days to be delivered (depending on your location).
- Layaway is not available on sale/discounted items If the layaway option is selected under this restriction you will be refunded your money, but you may still subject to the .9% (less than 1%) service charge from Lay-Buy.
- Layaway is not available on pre-ordered items. If the layaway option is selected under this restriction you will be refunded your money, but you may still subject to the .9% (less than 1%) service charge from Lay-Buy.
- Layaway program will not be available from 11/24/16 to 11/28/16. For more information about any of our payment options please call our office at: (801) 226-686, we are opened Monday-Friday from 9-5pm MST.
How can I reach customer service?
Feel free to call our office at (801) 226-2686 Ext 1 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our phone line is opened Monday through Friday from 10am - 4pm MST Visit our showroom! See directions below or click here!
The Original ScrapBox
777 South Auto Mall Drive #113
American Fork, Utah 84003
Looking for a complete online catalog?
Need help tracking your order?
What are the different styles of the WorkBox?
Take a look at the models seen below:
Need instructions assistance?
Please e-mail email@example.com. If you need instructions assistance over the weekend, while we are not in our office you may be able to get help through our Facebook page! We usually respond to our Facebook messages within a few hours. www.facebok.com/theoriginalscrapbox
How do you install the shelf pegs?
We can help with that! Here is a picture of how our pegs and shelves should fit into our furniture:
For additional help, please watch our Shelf Peg Tutorial by clicking here.
My shipment was damaged, what should I do?
If your boxes arrived damaged from the freight carrier, please make a note of this damage with the driver. Also take as many pictures as you can and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with the subject line: DAMAGES and a description of the damaged boxes or pieces. We work very hard in our warehouse to avoid damages by doing a double check of our inventory before it leaves our warehouse, building custom pallets, and offering a *1-year manufacturer warranty on all of our products. Below is what our WorkBox looks like shipped.
*Subject to parts and/or shipping charges for replacement parts, if damages are outside of our 1-year manufacturer warranty.
There are missing parts to my furniture, how do I get new parts?
If you have missing pieces please call our office (801) 226-2686. We would advise you to also e-mail your requests to email@example.com before calling our office so we can guarantee we have your request in writing. Please write in the subject line: MISSING PIECES
How much is shipping for The WorkBox 2.0?
Depending on the state we ship to, this price will range from $225-$380 per pallet. Hawaii and Alaska are estimated at $500-$650 and we can't guarantee damages once the pallet leaves the mainland. Canadian customers can now order online, but shipping is also expensive due to customs. The pallet looks like:
I can't find a certain piece of furniture on your website...
Here at The Original ScrapBox, we are always looking for ways to improve our products. You may find that some of our past furniture designs are not on our website. These are some of our discontinued items:
- The Lily Desk
- The Helen Desk
- The ManBox (Now called The Metal WorkBox)
- The CraftBox
- The Storage Paper Tower
- Jack and Jill Children's Desk
- The WorkBox 1.0
We hope our new and improved designs can better suite your needs. Want to help us design a new piece of furniture? Let us know on our social media sites! Links below..
I love The WorkBox 2.0, but I am a seamstress. Can I use The WorkBox as a sewing station?
I would like to ship multiple orders at the same time to save on shipping costs, is this possible?
Our company policy requires customers to pay shipping on all orders made through our website. If you place multiple orders through our website, be sure to leave us a note during checkout with the previous order number you would like us to ship it with. We will be happy to assist you with details about your account balance by reaching us at (801) 226-2686.
I live outside of the United States, can I still purchase your furniture?
Currently, our products from our Utah warehouse only ship in the US and Canada. If you live in the UK please visit www.theoriginalscrapbox.co.uk to see what our partners have available in your area! We also have partners in Australia. Their website is www.theoriginalscrapbox.com.au Recently we have made the expansion into Europe through our distributors in Germany! www.theoriginalscrapbox.de Please message: firstname.lastname@example.org for international shipping quotes. Want to request The WorkBox 2.0 to be available in your country?
E-mail email@example.com with the name of your country in the subject line!
Do you have plans to expand to other countries?
We are always looking for distributors. If you or someone you know has information on possible distribution outlets, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: DISTRIBUTOR.
I just placed an order, how long will it take to receive my shipment?
After you place an order our warehouse can take up to 5 business days to process your order. If you purchased a WorkBox 2.0 Pre-order, your shipment will be in the order it was taken and availability of the product ordered. Your shipments will then take up to 10-14 business days to be delivered. For freight shipments, the carrier should call you a day in advance to set up a time with you to accept your shipment. For more information about shipping and delivery click here.
Do you offer any discounts?
Yes! Just call customer service for more information: (801) 226-2686
- We offer a 10% Military discount. In order to receive this, you need to email our email@example.com with proof of military service, ie a current LES or military ID (with sensitive info covered). The 10% is refunded back to the card you paid your order with. This is done after the final payment is received.
- We also offer up to 10% off when you purchase our products from an expo. For a full list of shows we are planning to attend visit our show list page here: http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/pages/list-of-shows
- We also host promotions on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheOriginalScrapbox/
- Stop by our showroom and leave us a review on YELP! for a 5% discount on your next purchase of accessories!
- Requests for donations of our products must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org where our team is standing by to review applications
Do you work with bloggers?
Yes! We love working with bloggers. If you are interested in doing a product review, or have suggestions of a blogger you would like to see review our products, please reach out to our marketing department manager for details: email@example.com
Who can I contact for public relations?
If you are interested to feature our furniture through a particular marketing outlet, please reach out to our marketing department manager for details: firstname.lastname@example.org