Depending on the country of origin, the wood and doors differ. Our furniture is manufactured in China and Kanab, Utah. All of our products are made of manufactured wood with a melamine finish. Our USA factory manufactures doors from real wood and the highly sought after Rigid Thermofoil (RTF).
- What is RTF? It stands for Rigid Thermofoil. It is a very durable, low-maintenance material made to look like real wood, painted surfaces and more. Plastic-looking finishes are gone, replaced by wood grains and textures that are hard to distinguish from the real thing! Check out our Chocolate Pear option! They are longer lasting and easier to clean than ever! (Just soap and water)
- RTF doors and tables are very durable and will keep their color long after painted wood doors have started to fade. Resist Warping - Pristine vinyl-wrapped thermofoil doors and tables are less susceptible to humidity and warping than solid wood.
- Thermofoil doors and tables offer the bright, clean and freshly painted appearance without telltale brush strokes.
- Our surfaces save rainforests, use recycled wood chips for the component’s substrate and also reduces shipping weight which reduces fuel costs.
- Using manufactured wood with melamine finish is very important to prevent warping and any changes in the size of the panels. For the many shelves we use, the main structure needs to be exact to secure a tight fit. Humid weather and other weather changes won't affect the shape of our furniture, similar to modern kitchen cabinets.
- The melamine finish is very easy to clean! Use Windex and a soft cloth to wipe away dirt and finger prints.
- Our white and black doors are painted manufactured wood.
No, all pieces come flat packed in order to avoid damages in shipping, make it easier to move into your home, and help you save money on shipping. It comes with instructions and video instructions to assist you in building your product. We have been working to improve our products build to make it easier to put together. Also feel free to call customer service if you have any questions.
The WorkBox 3.0 uses a patented locking dowel system in partnership with our friends at:
We have dramatically decreased the assembly time from 8-10 hours in our previous model to 3-5 hours. With our strongest build yet, you will be amazed at the strength and ease of assembly of our best seller, The WorkBox 3.0.
Yes, up to a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Subject to parts and/or shipping charges for replacement parts, if damages are outside of our 1-year manufacturer warranty.
All of our products come flat packed and will need to be assembled. They will be shipped by a 3rd party freight shipping company. Our shipping and delivery charges only cover CURBSIDE delivery. Accessories do not need a custom pallet to ship and shipping prices are also determined by weight and location.
For shipping to Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii please call Customer Service (801) 226-2686 for a detailed shipping quote.
Canada: You can now order large products (over 75 lbs) through our website. Shipping quotes are estimates and subject to change due to duties and customs. Shipping prices may go up or down. Please call after placing your order for an exact quote. Call (801) 226-2686. You may be contacted if price changes, you have additional charges, or receive money back. Unfortunately, we do not ship internationally. However, if you live abroad and are able to arrange your own insured international freight shipping, we will gladly work with you.
We have teamed up with Affirm to offer easy financing – without a catch. There are no gimmicks like deferred interest or hidden fees, so the total you see at checkout is always what you actually pay. Provide some basic information and get a real time decision to split your purchase into 3, 6, or 12 monthly payments with rates from 10-30% APR.
Does Affirm perform a credit check?
Affirm performs a “soft credit check” which will not affect your credit score! If you return to Affirm for future purchases, Affirm may run additional “soft credit checks.”
Why was I prompted to pay a down payment with a debit card?
Affirm tries hard to approve every purchase but sometimes can’t approve the full amount. When this happens, they provide a debit card down payment option so that you may still complete your purchase right away.
Why was I prompted for a checking account?
Affirm sometimes requires additional information to consider a credit application. Such information may include an active checking account, which helps Affirm verify your identity and your ability to repay the requested loan. If Affirm prompts you for this information but you are unable to provide it, Affirm will be unable to approve your credit application. See more FAQ.
Feel free to call our office at (801) 226-2686 Ext 1 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our phone line is opened Monday through Friday from 9am - 4pm MST Visit our showroom! See directions below or click here!
The Original ScrapBox
777 South Auto Mall Drive #113
American Fork, Utah 84003
Please visit: https://www.con-way.com/en/ltl and enter your tracking number found on your order invoice.
- Light Kit is included with your purchase of the Crown accessory
(some assembly required)
- Our double LED Light provides up to 50,000 hours of lighting!
- Easily control on/off settings with switch
- Maximum of 708 lumens
- Similar to Super Bright Natural Daylight OttLite LEDs
Take a look at the models seen below:
Please e-mail email@example.com. If you need instructions assistance over the weekend, while we are not in our office you may be able to get help through our Facebook page! We usually respond to our Facebook messages within a few hours. www.facebok.com/theoriginalscrapbox
We can help with that! Here is a picture of how our pegs and shelves should fit into our furniture:
For additional help, please watch our Shelf Peg Tutorial by clicking here.
If your boxes arrived damaged from the freight carrier, please make a note of this damage with the driver. Also take as many pictures as you can and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with the subject line: DAMAGES and a description of the damaged boxes or pieces. We work very hard in our warehouse to avoid damages by doing a double check of our inventory before it leaves our warehouse, building custom pallets, and offering a *1-year manufacturer warranty on all of our products. Below is what our WorkBox looks like shipped.
*Subject to parts and/or shipping charges for replacement parts, if damages are outside of our 1-year manufacturer warranty.
If you have missing pieces please call our office (801) 226-2686. We would advise you to also e-mail your requests to email@example.com before calling our office so we can guarantee we have your request in writing. Please write in the subject line: MISSING PIECES
Depending on the state we ship to, this price will range from $225-$500 per pallet. Hawaii and Alaska are estimated at $500-$650 and we can't guarantee damages once the pallet leaves the mainland. Canadian customers can now order online, but shipping is also expensive due to customs. The pallet looks like:
Here at The Original ScrapBox, we are always looking for ways to improve our products. You may find that some of our past furniture designs are not on our website. These are some of our discontinued items:
- The Lily Desk
- The Helen Desk
- The ManBox AKA The Metal WorkBox
- The CraftBox
- The Storage Paper Tower
- Jack and Jill Children's Desk
- The WorkBox 1.0
- The WorkBox 2.0
- The SewingBox
The answer is yes! See for yourself:
You can check out our Ultimate SewingBox as well.
Our company policy requires customers to pay shipping on all orders made through our website. If you place multiple orders through our website, be sure to leave us a note during checkout with the previous order number you would like us to ship it with. We will be happy to assist you with details about your account balance by reaching us at (801) 226-2686.
Currently, our products from our Utah warehouse only ship in the US and Canada. We also have partners in Australia. To see what products are available visit their website at www.theoriginalscrapbox.com.au
Recently we have made an expansion into Europe through our distributors in Germany! www.theoriginalscrapbox.de They will be able to ship to the UK, Ireland, and continental Europe. Please message: firstname.lastname@example.org for international shipping quotes.
For more information regarding our new management team in Germany read our latest blog post here: https://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/blogs/news/the-original-scrapbox-teamwork
Want to request our furniture to be available in your country?
E-mail email@example.com with the name of your country in the subject line!
We are always looking for distributors. If you or someone you know has information on possible distribution outlets, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: DISTRIBUTOR.
After you place an order our warehouse can take up to 5 business days to process your order. If you purchased a Pre-order, your shipment will be in the order it was taken and availability of the product ordered. Your shipments will then take up to 10-14 business days to be delivered. For freight shipments, the carrier should call you a day in advance to set up a time with you to accept your shipment. For more information about shipping and delivery click here.
Yes! Just call customer service for more information: (801) 226-2686
- We offer a 10% Military discount. In order to receive this, you need to email our email@example.com with proof of military service, ie a current LES or military ID (with sensitive info covered). The 10% is refunded back to the card you paid your order with. This is done after the final payment is received.
- We also offer special promotions when you purchase our products from an expo. May not include all products. For a full list of shows we are planning to attend visit our show list page here: http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/pages/list-of-shows
- We also host promotions on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheOriginalScrapbox/
- Stop by our showroom and leave us a review on YELP! for a 5% discount on your next purchase of accessories!
- Requests for donations of our products must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org where our team is standing by to review applications
Yes! We love working with bloggers. If you are interested in doing a product review, or have suggestions of a blogger you would like to see review our products, please reach out to our marketing department manager for details: email@example.com
If you are interested to feature our furniture through a particular marketing outlet, please reach out to our marketing department manager for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Made with an acrylic blend and built for toughness and durability. Our clear totes are a great addition to spruce up your craft room and storage areas. They are dish washer safe on the top rack of the dishwasher.